Monday, February 1, 2010

We need a leader, we need you

If you ask any student of any institution, there are high chances that the reply would be something like : 1. It is sad. Hope I had taken admission in so and so institution - I had my chances. 2. An instinctive 'Wow', I am so happy that I am studying here.
You ask the same question to one of our students who have been exposed to the ground realities for at least two terms. Unwittingly, you will see the same familiar hesitant, unsure look on their faces. It could be a collective disobedience or mass ignorance. Whichever it is, there has to be a fundamental reason for this collective behaviour. It could be lack of dedicated professors, lack of managerial focus, cognitive disonance arising out of hard core sales techniques by the admission team, or simply lack of quality students (possible).
I see one solution to all these insecure feelings.
We need a leader. We need somebody to look upto. We are like an army without a general.

To Mr. S. Angur and Mr. M. Angur,
We are missing our soul in the institution. Please come and give us direction. Please pick me up and slog me for my mistakes. I refuse to be dictated by any other individual. We miss your aura. Please do not disappoint us, please do not confine us behind the majestic Administrative block. We are still not matured enough to be left alone in this jungle. I ever wait for that alluding interaction with you as much as I wait for my grandad's ever alluding phone call.

We need to build a brand. And for that we need spokeperson; only ten talented individuals in the placement commitee cannot shoulder the entire responsibility. Make us believe that we are among the best, that we have it in us to beat the best.
We need a leader, we need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment